2.01.2006

Reinventing the Avenue @ The Urban Center

I'm excited to go check out the exhibit at the Urban Center to see how this collaboration between Transportation Alternatives, Project for Public Spaces, and The Open Planning Project looks. Knowing that I agree with 99% of what TA and PPS say, and, while I haven't heard of it before, just from the name of The Open Planning Project, I'm sure I'll just eat everything up. Particularly spiffy is the Astor Place project, which reclaims a good amount of underused streetspace for the pedestrian and makes crossing safer for pedestrians. I cross that intersection everyday and it's always a guessing game and I know it can be organized better.

I'll be sure to go check out New York City Streets Renaissance's exhibit at the Urban Center and let ya'll know how it looks.

[via Gothamist]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home